ALWAYS ON THE LOOKOUT
We outsource the production of our collections to external manufacturers not only in Poland but also elsewhere in Europe and Asia. Production outsourcing is common in the garment industry. This way our merchandisers may order specific types of garments from suppliers specialising in specific types of products, while people living in a given country are given jobs.
Individual models are manufactured based on detailed orders for specific supplies. Orders placed with suppliers are enclosed with the LPP Quality Guidebook containing the list of forbidden chemicals and permissible concentrations. All suppliers must sign LPP’s Code of Conduct if they want to execute the order. Our cooperation with suppliers is governed also by the LPP More Sustainable Development Strategy.
we test our products in independent laboratories, setting detailed standards compatible with UE requirements which ensure that garments of LPP brands are safe for clients.
MANUFACTURING IN POLAND
Our manufacturing volume in Poland is growing
It may be safely assumed that we are the largest buyer in the industry in Poland. A significant part of our production is outsourced abroad, yet, since 2016, the share of garments made in Poland in our collections has been steadily increasing. In 2018, the number of Reserved garments manufactured in Poland increased by 14% as compared to 2017!
Outsourcing production in Poland makes it possible for us to respond to changing trends faster. We dynamically and timely deliver to brand stores desired clothing and accessories on demand. We can do that because the most time-consuming, complex and en vogue models are manufactured close to our recipients. This way we can also avoid logistic delays of 2-6 months. For this reason, we are so keen on cooperating with garment manufacturers operating in Poland.
How do we help Polish sewing plants develop?
- We offer payment guarantees.
- We book manufacturing capacities with key LPP suppliers 3 months in advance. What is more, in consideration of our key business partners, we have created a weekly planning system substantially enhancing effectiveness of operations.
- We carry out regular inspections in factories to control compliance with employees’ rights as well as health and safety standards.
- On a regular basis, we meet with suppliers to learn about their manufacturing capacities and technological solutions applied. Consequently, we improve mutual communication, aiming at increasing their production capacity.
- In order to unify in LPP the process of ordering goods with Polish suppliers, we have created, in the Purchases Department, the position of Polish production coordinator who allocates orders based on plant specialisation and, consequently, increases production effectiveness.
Designed in Poland, made in Europe
The ‘designed in Poland, made in Europe’ philosophy allows us to immediately address our customers’ needs. Owing to speedy production and shipment, customers quickly receive clothing inspired by the latest worldwide fashion shows.
Our collections are made in Poland and manufactured in several European countries, among others, Bulgaria, Moldova, Georgia, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Turkey and Ukraine. We plan further dynamic European expansion in 2019.
For years, our merchandisers have been building a base of trusted suppliers fulfilling LPP standards in terms of work safety and observance of rights of people engaged in the manufacturing process.
The textile industry faces numerous environmental challenges, see what we do to become more and more eco-friendly.